Have you been wondering if it is the right time to invest in Grant Management Software? Purchasing software is a big decision, for any organization, and one that shouldn’t be taken lightly. We want to help you decide if your organization is ready to make the move to a grant management software solution. If you can identify with three or more of the below situations, it may be time for you to invest in grant management software.
- Are you currently storing paper copies of your grant documents? If you answered yes to this question, you likely have mounds of papers, binders, or files with applications and grant documentation. Not only does this create an issue with storage space, it can be difficult to find important information in a timely fashion. In addition to the extra time spent filing and finding documents, you may be spending extra time in the files just looking for contact information. A grant management software solution will centralize all of your grant and grantee related information, making searching for details of a specific grant a simple, one-step process.
- Are you still using paper, grant applications? In today’s technologically advanced culture, a paper application process can be frustrating and seem antiquated to your donors. Having to reenter information because it exists on last year’s documentation is redundant and time consuming. Utilizing grant management technology for applications means information only needs to be entered once and can be accessed online. This expedites the process and creates easy access for anyone who needs to read or review an application.
- Do any of your board members work remotely or live out of state? If your staff or board members have other jobs, prefer to work from home, or need to access grant information without going into the office, online grant management software can come in handy. You can easily log into the system and access information remotely. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
- Can you easily compile information to evaluate progress? Whether for the purposes of an audit or just reporting, from time to time you need to know how things are going within the organization. Are you on track to accomplish your goals for the year? Perhaps a board member has requested a status report. In order to find out how you’re doing you may need to look into how grantees are using granted funds. Sorting through paper or even email applications, can take hours or even days. Spending time searching through binders for specific documents, printing forms, etc. can be exhausting and take away from valuable time spent doing other, important work. Grant management software allows you to compile reports, collect information, visualize outcomes, and present your findings with just a few clicks of a button. Think of the time you can save and all you can accomplish with it.
- Regardless of technology, do you still have board members who want to see their information on paper? Of course! Not everything can be properly evaluated on a screen. Although an electronic copy will work for most, it doesn’t always work for all. Grant management software will still allow you to print copies. You will still save time compiling the data once and then can easily provide access to it, whether online or hard copies, based on your preference.
Contact us here at RBP Methods to learn more about the grant management technology discussed in this article. Find out how we can help in your overall nonprofit success by getting you the nonprofit accounting software solutions and support you need to help in all areas of your business.