Do you have the right technology to take you into 2016? December marks the end of another calendar year. It brings with it a chance to look back and see how well you reached your financial and missional goals. However, before jumping into a fresh start in the new year, you must capitalize on end-of-year (EOY) fundraising. Today we want to focus on combing through your technology checklist to ensure you are prepared to make the most of this season and end the year with a successful EOY fundraising campaign.
Below are some key technology items on the checklist to ensure you’re thinking about everything you need to accomplish, behind the scenes:
- Do you have the right technology in place? Using the wrong tools to do a job can be highly inefficient and frustrating (think about using a screwdriver to hammer a nail). This is a good time to take a step back and figure out if the technology you’re currently using is the right technology to help you reach your goals for this EOY season. Can I raise money online? Can I track those dollars? Can I manage my donors? If you answer “no” to any of those questions, at the very least you should consider budgeting dollars for technology in the new year.
- Is your website up to snuff? Ask volunteers, board members, family members, etc. to audit your site and provide feedback, and then implement the suggestions with the most merit. You can then run these same audits again once you have your campaign set up and ready.
- Test your technology. Review your entire donor giving flow from email/mail, to landing page, to donation form, to thank you message, to follow up. Be sure all the necessary information is recorded in the appropriate locations. Make any necessary changes/tweaks now.
- Conduct data appends. The time is now to scrub your data to make sure you’re entering giving season with all the latest information on your donors.
- Stress-test all your systems. Get your staff and volunteers involved in testing your systems. Use as many variables as you can. Do everything you can to put as much stress and load on your systems as possible to see where any issues might occur. It’s better to resolve them now.
- Monitor Closely: In the month of December you will want to keep an eye on your systems. Monitor your systems closely to ensure everything is running smoothly. Alert your donor management system vendor before you launch a big campaign to ensure they’re monitoring your situation, as well. The more proactive you can be, the less likelihood there will be for disruption during this most generous of seasons.
Here at RBP Methods your success is of utmost importance to us. We are here to help in any way we can. Whether helping with your Nonprofit Accounting Software Selection, Software Review, Support, or Training our goal is to help you see the success your organization is striving for. Contact us today for more information.