Whether you are using MIP Fund Accounting software or not, this is worth taking a look at. In October, Abila released some updates to their Abila MIP Fund Accounting version 2017.1 that make this already fantastic fund accounting software even better. We are going to highlight some of the features that came with the update.
One key factor for nonprofit finance and accounting professionals is that they need more visibility into both their finances and personnel. In this release, Abila has expanded reporting capabilities across Abila MIP Fund Accounting to improve your ability to track and report on what’s important to your team and stakeholders. Another feature that has been enhanced are key Accounts Payable workflows. Here are some key enhancements that we think you will love.
- Updated Accounts Payable Workflow – Designed to save valuable time by providing scalable invoice payments and check printing. Easily create batches of invoices to pay and auto-reversals of invoices with voided checks, as well as check address validation on email addresses.
- Broad Report Enhancements – Improved ability to filter, provide additional fields, and generate key Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger reports. This includes debit and credit columns for transaction reports and new print code options for working trial balance reports.
- New Administration Options – Increased visibility into users, security reports, and the organization’s overall audit trail. The summary organization audit log will show Accounts Payable status changes and Payroll updates. The User Information report can show security group and user IDs for improved tracking. Attachments will default to the recommended encrypted option for users.
- New Payroll and Human Resource Features – Track employees, OSHA claims, and streamline payroll processes.
- Benefit Enrollment Queries– Includes usability enhancements and additional query options for enrollment processing.
- Abila Advanced Reporting – Improved ability to compare your current financial position to budget. New dynamic column display option for actual vs. budgeted comparisons is now available.
- Expanded Accounts Payable API –REST-based API can be used for a variety of integration needs.
Abila MIP Advance 2017.1 Updates
When you require even more functionality, we offer Abila MIP Advance 2017.1. This new version also has some great new features.
In this release, Abila has built intuitive new workflows for managing Accounts Payable within a re-imagined MIP Advance web based interface. In addition, there is a complimentary dashboard for Accounts Payable and a vendor information report that utilizes MIP Advance’s new report designer mode backed by a scalable, high performance report queue.
- Improved Accounts Payable – Quickly pay invoices, print checks, and manage all of your vendors within a web based UI exclusive to MIP Advance.
- Enhanced Session Management – Easily view posted and/or unposted sessions with new search tools.
- Intuitive report designer – Featuring interactive drag & drop selection, filters with key operators, and configurable layouts. Easily preview, search inside of reports with keywords.
- Enhanced report queue – Built in to organize, quickly generate, and export reports.
- Expanded Accounts Payable API – Our REST-based API can be utilized for a variety of integration needs.
Nonprofit Accounting Software Solutions From RBP
If you already use Abila for your nonprofit accounting software and are excited about the enhancements or if you have been thinking about making the change to a new fund accounting software, RBP Methods can get you going. Check out our free whitepaper Accounting For Change. For more information, contact us or call 503-648-9051.