Can you think back to when you were a child and you outgrew a pair of shoes? They pinched and hurt your feet when they were too small. So too does software that no longer fits your nonprofit organization. When it outgrows its nonprofit financial management system, you feel the pinch throughout the organization. It’s time to consider new fund accounting software.
If you’re looking for more information on how to manage growth for efficiency, download this free whitepaper, Benefits of HR Automation for Nonprofits.
Signs You’ve Outgrown Your Current Nonprofit Financial Management System
There are several signs that you’ve outgrown your current nonprofit financial management system. These include:
- Duplicating data: If you find yourself duplicating data in separate reports because a single report no longer meets your needs, or you cannot pull the exact data you need into one report, then you may need a more robust nonprofit financial management system.
- Reports don’t give you what you need: When reports no longer serve you well, or when your needs have changed and the existing reports do not produce the information that you need, it could be time for new software.
- Too many programs: Many organizations add systems and software as they grow, creating a patchwork quilt of different programs. These programs may or may not work well together. You may find yourself pulling data from one system, using a second program to manipulate the data, then inputting it into yet a third program before you can use it. Such methods become part of your organization’s processes, but they should be questioned. They lack efficiency and can be improved by new a new nonprofit financial management system.
- Reformatting reports: When reports need to be reformatted because the outputs from the system do not provide information that is easy to understand at a glance, it’s time for new software. Reports should serve your needs and save time. If you are spending more time on fixing reports than using them, it’s time change software.
- “Buggy” systems: Bugs, glitches, failures, and errors messages are all signals of tired, outdated software. The company who originally produced the software may not be supporting updates anymore. This can leave your data vulnerable to hacks, viruses, and other problems
Nonprofit Financial Management Software for Every Need
There’s nonprofit financial management software for every type of organization out there. Growing organizations find that they need more robust software that can handle additional payroll and personnel, donor management, fund accounting, basic allocations, credit card processing, and much more.
One of the best nonprofit financial management packages is AccuFund software. It’s designed especially for nonprofits and government agencies and helps you manage all financial tasks within your organization.
AccuFund software can help you manage:
- General ledger functions
- Payroll and payroll direct deposits
- Fund accounting
- Budget development
- Purchasing and inventory
- Bank reconciliation
- Form designer
- Report designer
The features in AccuFund software listed depend upon the package that you purchase. For a comprehensive look at AccuFund software, visit RBP Methods.
There comes a time in every nonprofit organization’s life when it outgrows its current nonprofit financial management software. When that happens, RBP Methods can help you find the right software and implement it efficiently. RBP Methods helps right-brained people navigate a left-brained world. We offer nonprofit software and consulting services. We’d love to talk to you about your online fundraising or other needs. Contact us today or call 503-648-9051.