Critical Components to the Nonprofit Budget Review Process
Keeping your nonprofit budget healthy is a vital process.
Working together, the nonprofit’s staff and board members will use the budgeting process to intelligently establish priorities and allot resources for the coming year. But that’s only the beginning of the budget’s life cycle.
Your budget needs to be continuously monitored, assessed, and revised throughout the year to keep your organization running smoothly. This guide, Nonprofit Budget Checkup, covers exactly what your nonprofit finance team needs to keep your budget up-to-date and you focused on your mission. Inside you will find:
- Critical components of the budget
- Budget review best practices
- Routine assessments and screenings
- Budgetary milestones at six months and year’s end
- Tips for year round budget review and monitoring